Dr. Christopher Hubbard is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon, and is the former Chief of the Foot and Ankle Service at Mount Sinai Beth Israel in NYC. He has now joined Atlantic Medical Group in Wayne, NJ.
His specialty training is Foot and Ankle Surgery, with a focus in sports medicine. Dr. Hubbard’s impressive skill set includes expertise in ankle and subtalar arthroscopy, ankle ligament reconstruction, Achilles tendon repair, tendon transfers and reconstructions, hallux valgus (bunion) corrections, and foot and ankle fractures and dislocations.
Education And Training
- Dr. Hubbard graduated from Bergen Catholic High School in Oradell, NJ, and went on to receive his Bachelor of Science degree from Duke University in 1990. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1994 from New Jersey Medical School.
- In 1995, Dr. Hubbard completed his Internship in General Surgery at St. Luke’s- Roosevelt Hospital Center in NYC. In 1999, Dr. Hubbard completed his Orthopedic Residency at the New York Orthopedic Hospital at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. Following his Orthopedic Residency, he completed an intensive one-year Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery under the direction of William Hamilton, MD, Martin O’Malley MD, and Jonathan Deland, MD.
- After finishing his training, Dr. Hubbard joined the Insall Scott Kelly Institute for Sports Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center in 2000, and became appointed Chief of the Foot and Ankle Service. He moved his practice to Beth Israel South following the sale of the Singer Division of Beth Israel in 2004. In September 2017, Dr Hubbard joined a private practice of Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgeons from his fellowship training.
- Dr. Hubbard is an active member of numerous orthopedic organizations including the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and the New York State and County Medical Societies.
- Dr Hubbard has been cited for his expertise as a Best Doctor by New York Magazine, Top Doctor by Castle Connolly, Superdoctor, Best Doctors, and US News Best Doctors among other recognitions.
- DeGuzman L, Perlman DC, Hubbard CE. Septic Arthritis and Osteomyelitis due to the Chromoblastomycosis Agent Fonsecaea pedrosoi, American Journal of Orthopaedics, July 2012
- Hubbard, CE, O’Malley MJ. Stress Fractures of the Ankle and Hindfoot, in Stress Fractures in Athletes, Springer, 2020
- Hubbard, CE. Lower Leg and Ankle Injuries, Foot and Toe Injuries, in Sports Injury Guidebook, Human Kinetics, 2019
- Hubbard, CE. Achilles Tendon Injuries, in Golf After 50: Playing Without Pain, Rodale, 2006
- Hubbard, CE. Foot and Ankle Disorders, in Sports Medicine: A Comprehensive Approach, Mosby, August, 2004
- Lee S, Hubbard CE, Sung IH, Otis JC, Deland JT. Posterior tibial tendon force requirements after calcaneal osteotomies.
- Transactions of the 46th Annual Meeting of the ORS, 2000. 25:187
- Hamilton WG, Hubbard CE. Resection Arthroplasty, Foot and Ankle Clinics, September, 2000
- Hubbard CE, Henry JH. A 62 Year Old Male with Sudden Onset of Knee Pain. Medscape Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Journal, December, 1997